LG U880 Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

majorwedgy's review of LG U880

“I have been using an LG U8120 for approx 18 months and...”

Written on: 07/12/2005 by majorwedgy (9 reviews written)

Very small, light, strong, and it looks good and works well... so far.

Battery life isn't hot (about 3 days with no usage, and it is left turned on all the time).

General Comments
I have been using an LG U8120 for approx 18 months and I loved the way that phone worked and looked and felt. It is similar in operation to a Nokia and it was cheap - hence my buying it :) There were a lot of problems with those phones, and lord knows I had problems, having sent 2 back for replacement. The LG U880 mobile phone is identical in usage to the aforementioned phone, only it now has a better screen, Bluetooth (at last!) and a higher resolution camera. Texting is still very nice as with the older version (the 8360 being messed upon and 'lagging' behind user input). I agree with the other user that the flaps do feel flimsy, and I would prefer them not to be there, but it is a minor detail, and I prefer the rotating camera to that of a fixed camera, as it means you can take a megapixel picture of yourself, unlike built in cameras which are often VGA cameras. The reception on this phone is much improved over my old one, as is the sound quality - this is a VERY easy to listen to phone. If you have been put off by older LG phones, now is the time to get back into them based upon this example :)

• Battery Life