Beatles, 1 Review

TOMLEECEE's review of Beatles, 1

“I'm not what you would call a typical Beatles fan. I...”

Written on: 13/11/2005 by TOMLEECEE (121 reviews written)

All the classics

none that I can think of!

General Comments
I'm not what you would call a typical Beatles fan. I don't collect Beatles memorabilia, or know every song they ever released. However, due to their ubiquitous nature, I have a good knowledge of the Band's influences in modern culture.

This particular album, titled simply '1,' is a compilation of every UK number 1 single the fab four had going right through the 1960s. Every tune is hummable - there are some real classics in there. From 'I Want to Hold your Hand' and 'Help!' to later stuff like 'Let it Be,' this CD is the ultimate collection of the Beatles' best songs - 27 tracks in total. The booklet that comes with the CD also deserves a mention, as it features scans of the Single covers of every tune and also details of the year of release and chart postions in other countries/weeks at number 1.

All in all, a brilliant album that any person with a passing interest in the Beatles (e.g. me) should have in their CD collection

• Greenday, Eminem, Embrace, Oasis, Sean Paul, Cypre

Other Artists Listened To

252776_Anonymous101's Response to TOMLEECEE's Review

Written on: 20/02/2007

I agree. I really enjoyed the Beatles 1 album. All the classics are present.