Compaq iPAQ 3870 Review

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Sperly.'s review of Compaq iPAQ 3870

“Aside from the above, this Pocket PC is the nuts, and...”

Written on: 05/02/2003 by Sperly. (1 review written)

Fast, Reliable, and a sexy looking Unit.

No removable Battery, top left Corner of unit (by Record Button)is also a Weak spot (I know becuase I've had to have it re-cased TWICE!!!

General Comments
Aside from the above, this Pocket PC is the nuts, and the recent WHICH? report were correct to make it a best buy. It's identical to the H3970, with the exception of a brighter screen, but this alone doesn't justify its extra £120 Price tag. I have owned mine for 10 Months, and apart from it landing on a weak point when I dropped it accidentally (see above), it is now my life, and I don't know what Id do without it. The expansion packs are brilliant for it - I have the Navman Sat/Nav system in the Car, and the Nexicam Jackets, which also transform it into a Digital Camera. As these are classed as "old" now, they can be picked up relatively cheaply (£320-390) on E-bay. Go get one - You'll kick yourself when they're gone!!!

• Battery Life