Creative Zen Sleek Review

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

jdeadwyler's review of Creative Zen Sleek

“I got my Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player about a week...”

Written on: 01/10/2005 by jdeadwyler (1 review written)

I got my Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player about a week ago, after having 2 iPods die on me, and I am very satisfied. I bought mine at Best Buy for $304 including a 2-year warranty, so I feel very safe with this. So far it works like a charm. The media player included is very similar to iTunes, so those previous iPod owners won't be disappointed. The touch pad can be slightly clunky, but it just takes some getting used to. The battery seems great. I'm not sure exactly how long it lasts, but I know that it's well over 10 hours. The radio is great, and it lets you store 32 presets. I love the microphone; I have been using it to record lectures in class. Overall this is a great buy. I would recommend it to anybody!

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

• Between 1 - 4 Weeks

Time MP3 Player Owned

• 20GB

Memory

Danbulley's Response to jdeadwyler's Review

Written on: 16/11/2005

Hi; thanks for the review, I am considering buying this product after reading it. I was just wondering whether you could briefly tell me about the transfering of files (e.g. is it simply a case of drag and drop, or a little more complicated)? And also, what is the organisation of the music library like on the player (i.e. is it similar to a windows type menu, where you simply have an artists folder which contains the different albums, which in turn contains the individual tracks)? I would be grateful for any help. thanks

Danbulley's Response to jdeadwyler's Review

Written on: 21/11/2005

thanks for all the info and your help jdeadwyler; I think that I will purchase a zen sleek now!
<br>
<br>cheers for your help, i appreciate it

Jdeadwyler's Response to jdeadwyler's Review

Written on: 17/11/2005

Hey, thanks for the response. The software contains 2 programs for managing your music (a media player and a general manager). Both use the same method of transferring music, which is a client that transfers your music and Outlook contacts either to or from your Zen. So to answer your question, it's not drag-and-drop; it uses a manager. The only problem is that I have found this to be sluggish, but that may be because i have 2800 songs. Browsing your music in the player is very easy. You can select to only see songs from a certain genre, artist, and/or album, or you can sort your entire library by a field (such as song title, album name, etc.). It is quite simple. I hope this helps, and good luck with any purchase you make.