Lycatel www.lycatel.com Review

afrodads's review of Lycatel www.lycatel.com

☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought a Lycatel "Jamaica Tel" phone card from a...”

Written on: 13/09/2005 by afrodads (2 reviews written)

Get up to 180, if you can manage to get through, and chat non-stop in one call until the allowance is finish.

Poor customer service, Dodgy customer service representative, poor reception and connection, 8 out of ten calls are dropped or squeaky,

General Comments
I bought a Lycatel "Jamaica Tel" phone card from a newsagent in July. Upon using it, I learnt I had an allowance of 179 minutes to call Jamaica. Sounded very good.

After talking for about 35 minutes, I was disconnected. I tried redialling a few times but was unsuccessful. When I did get through, either the person at the other end could not hear me, or vice versa. Sometimes there were just very loud squeaky noises.

I decided to give it a few days. I got through and used the card for yet another 30 minutes. When I tried to use the card again 3 days later, I got through to the point where I was told that I had 64 minutes (only), after dialling the destination number. Then, immediately I was abruptly disconnected. I tried to call again, only to be told that I had no credit left, even though I did not get through to speak to anyone in Jamaica.

I tried to get through to customer service for 1 long week without any luck. I wend on holidays and came back 3 weeks later and waited 45 minutes on the phone before giving up.

2 weeks later I finally managed to speak to a representative who had no customer skills whatsoever. He said that the cards lose credit for each day they are unused, after the first use. I made it quite clear that if I could have gotten through, then I would have finished using the card a long time ago. He was unhelpful, unapologetic, and refused to refund the credit. When I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, he flatly refused and stated that he himself is a supervisor, so I could ask him anything.

I have made a complaint to OFTEL. My advice is to avoid using any of the phone cards with the Lycatel brands. You will lose big time. Their cards have many different designs and brands. However, look out for the Lycatel logo at the front. This is just one of my many problems I have had with Lycatel phone cards over the past few months. I have now signed up with Primus Planet Talk, where I can call Jamaica straight for 3p.

Professor's Response to afrodads's Review

Written on: 19/07/2006

In my MANY Years experience, THIS COMPNAY and their cards SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!
<br/>
<br/>They are the WORST of the WORST of ALL the dodgy companies I have ever come across in the ENTIRE business of using calling cards.