Orlando Sanford Airport Review

• Customer service

• Overall cleanliness

shutterman3's review of Orlando Sanford Airport

☆☆☆☆☆

Orlando Sanford Airport - Stay away fromt this airport...”

Written on: 07/08/2005 by shutterman3 (1 review written)

NONE

Overcrowded at critical points, baggage claim was a nightmare, security was horrible, personnel slow and unfriendly

General Comments
Orlando Sanford Airport - Stay away fromt this airport at all costs!! I was connecting in Sanford from an international location so I got the joys of customs plus going through security again with my next flight scheduled to take off in less than 2 hours. First we land and the gate crew isn't ready, then it takes the better part of an hour to get checked baggage with long periods where there were no bags on the belt, then customs has all our luggage x-rayed when they were just talking to each other, not looking at the screens. Then the fun of dealing with TSA. The security checkpoint was much too small for the crowd. Security was pulling people aside for random checks like all most (or all) airports but with this check it was one step short of a full cavity search. They would wand around every inch of body and ran a metal pole down pants and behind bras and such. While I can't say this from personal experience, I heard that it was worse than flying into or out of airports near New York right after 9/11. Luckily for me my flight had been delayed because it had taken almost 2 hours between stepping off the plane and getting to my gate. It was just a miserable experience.

• Customer service

• August 2005

Date of use (month/year)