Yamaha Virago 1000 Review

• Build quality

• Reliability

Calabrio's review of Yamaha Virago 1000

“I've owned the Yamaha Virago 1000 for almost ten years...”

Written on: 04/08/2005 by Calabrio (1 review written)

Outstanding Performance. Extremely fast cruiser.
Unique styling
Excellent handling bike
Absolutely reliable engine (air cooled, shaft drive, high build quality)

Discontinued model so it's more difficult to get custom parts from Yamaha

The chrome isn't very good on the early Viragos.

General Comments
I've owned the Yamaha Virago 1000 for almost ten years now and it has never failed me. If you change the oil, this engine will definitely reach 100k miles without a rebuild.

It's also one of the fastest cruisers on the road, with the exception of a couple bikes like the Valkyre and the V-max.

• 1984

Year Manufactured

• 8

Length of ownership

• Build quality

• Reliability

Stephano's Response to 204922_Calabrio's Review

Written on: 29/07/2007

I couldn't agree with your more with your comment Calabrio. My brother bought the 750 Virago & after riding that I went out & bought the 1000 Virago. My 1340 Harley "Lowrider" finds itself spending more & more time parked in the garage. I love the Harley when I'm out cruising 2up with the g/f but when I'm out on the Virago alone with a couple other guys on their bikes we just go nuts & its like heaven!