P&O Mini Cruise, Rotterdam Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

leemos's review of P&O Mini Cruise, Rotterdam

“My wife, 4 year old and I, had never cruised before. ...”

Written on: 01/08/2005 by leemos (1 review written)

Great staff. Excellent food. Wonderful charming ship. Great Children's Club.

Wanted to stay on board for another week.

General Comments
My wife, 4 year old and I, had never cruised before. We have seen much of the world over the years, and we were unsure what to expect.

The ship (The Emerald) was old, but well maintained, very comfortable and Charming. The relatively small size was a definite plus. Everyone on the ship became your friend.

The staff were second to none, and could not do enough for you.

The cruise director and staff, provide excellent varied entertainment. The 1979 new years eve deck party was awesome, and the resident band, Ritz, were nothing short of amazing. The facilities for children were limited, but that was more than compensated for, by the excellent skill and care of the staff of the kidzone, who had many varied activities for children from 3 to 16 years. They created a good mix of fun and games for our 4 year old.

The fixed dining times gave a traditional feeling to cruising, whilst maintaining the informal side of the modern day cruise. The food was amazing and varied, especially in the main restaurant, and the waiters were awesome, especially the wine waiter.

We did not want to disembark, and will definitely return to the Emerald.