Creative Zen Sleek Review

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

JH Northern Ireland's review of Creative Zen Sleek

“OH MY GOD!!! I tested this because my dad works in a...”

Written on: 23/07/2005 by JH Northern Ireland (2 reviews written)

Everything on it just knocked me back, the new features:
Earphones- good quality.
FM Radio: Stereo and Mono, Up to 32 preset stations - great new feature!
Built-in microphone for live voice recording and personal notes - Nice!
Equalisation feature with nine acoustic environments such as rock or jazz enables listeners to customise music to their personal preferences.
Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery - upto 16 hours of music.
Vertical touchpad with LED backlight is quick and intuitive to use - has been touched up and is easier to control this time and it lights up for those camping trips with no lights.
USB 2.0 connection for downloads at up to a song per second.

I haven't really seen any in all honesty compared to the rest of the mp3 players on the market its better so there are no real bad points. Of course it could have more improvements but you can say that about everything in existence as nothing is perfect but this comes damn close!

General Comments
OH MY GOD!!! I tested this because my dad works in a well known electronics outlet. It is heavenly! I have had the Creative Zen Touch and my sister has an iPod, but this.......this takes the biscuit, it is simply amazing. It looks better than any mp3 player out there in my opinion. The battery life is brilliant compared to that of the ipod, wait for it..........16 hours! It has a radio with tha ability of 32 stations, if you know that many radio stations that is. Oh and again wait for it.......you can record songs off the radio and store them onto your hard drive! Then you have got the voice recorder on it as well as all the rest which you can mess about with or leave yourself memo's or as I like to do; while I'm listening to the radio and hear a song I like, I put a memo of the name so I can download it when i get home (that is if i havent just recorded it onto the actual hard drive Amazing!!) It's out of this world - I can't believe that I am getting one of these babies in five days on the release date. It has got the touch pad the same as the Touch which I like now that I'm used to it. The headphones are such that you do not need to buy new ones once you get the ones that are included - they are good but if you prefer the bucket headphones then you might want to get them to use with it as these are just earbud headphones but good ones at that. The layout is essentially the same and has just been touched up a little. But overall I have to give this an excellent rating 10/10 it ticks all the boxes for me and it is just miles ahead of its competitors - follow up on this Apple! If you are looking for the next big thing then look no further - everyone will want one and at only £200 I think that is reasonable. I will write another review once I have received mine.

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

• Less than a Week

Time MP3 Player Owned

• 20GB

Memory

Mbdlw's Response to JH Northern Ireland's Review

Written on: 19/09/2005

One more thing to mention: this baby can synchronize with Microsoft Outlook, which means you can now carry your entire contact list and calendar with you everywhere you go. Goodbye PDA, hello Zen Sleek!!!!