Amati Bb Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Rodney Foster's review of Amati Bb

“Amati Bb: Wanting to learn to read music and play in a...”

Written on: 29/06/2005 by Rodney Foster (1 review written)

Amati Bb Cornet, silver plated. Good value for money, good case, attachments, easy to blow and clear outstanding tone. Models are made for levels of skill from beginner to professional.

Sticky valves for first couple of months but freed up with use. Easy way to lubricate is to turn instrument upside down and add a drop or two of oil in the vent hole in the base plug.

General Comments
Amati Bb: Wanting to learn to read music and play in a brass band since I was 8 and for 50 years, I started with a loaned German Merit then an English Boosey.

I finally took the plunge when an opportunity arose for me to purchase a brand new Cornet at a good price. I did and now own an Amati Bb Silver plated Cornet. In the 3.5 years since, I now play lead Cornet in a Salvation Army band with it and due to the instrument, am often congratulated on my fine clear sound and playing. I have tried a few other brands since but find nothing compares. They have since purchased ten Amati's for use in other corps.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard