Lexar Jump Drive 2 Review

From 1 review
  • Quality

pcguru's review of Lexar Jump Drive 2

“Lexar Jump Drive 2: I've used a number of other USB...

Written on: 14/05/2005 by pcguru (4 reviews written)

Solid, dependable, reliable.

In a miniaturised world, may be a little big for some, but not for me!

General Comments
Lexar Jump Drive 2: I've used a number of other USB Pen Drives and found them to be flimsy, easily broken and so small they are easily lost. Not so this baby !

Ok. it's not at the forefront of design, it's not incy-wincy-tini nor does it glow in the dark; it just does what it's supposed to !

It is highly durable - the big rubber casing which runs around the whole outside may be ugly to some, but I know I can put it in my pocket with my keys and change and it will work when I want it to. It has been bumped, dropped, sat on, dropped in a puddle yet still refuses to fail!

I simply attach it to my key-ring and forget about it. When I need it, I flip it out of it's rubber casing, slot it into a USB port and it works ! I carry around a Windows 98 driver (downloaded from the Lexar website) in case I need it on a floppy disk - it's miniscule.

It's the best bit of kit I've got - I fix other people's computers - and I wouldn't trade it for another.

• Quality