Challenge Push Review

RFC1795's review of Challenge Push

“The box contained the following; Lawn mower, grass...”

Written on: 09/05/2005 by RFC1795 (2 reviews written)

Having read simon44's review I took a chance and purchased the "Challenge Xtreme Triple Pack"
This was to me real good value for money... I picked mine up for less than £50 at Argos.

Like simon44 posted, the plastic roller used for creating lawn stripes is plastic. Mine had a bit to much pressue applied somewhere in transit and had the one end cracked a bit. Easily fixed with a cable tie. If I hadn't put the cable tie on I would have got annoyed with the cluck cluck cluck sound it made as I pushed it ... I suppose the sound would have been drowned out by the mower anyways ;-)

General Comments
The box contained the following; Lawn mower, grass trimmer and hedge trimmer. (25kg)

The Challenge Push Mower seemed ok for the price, and had the metal blade which I was after. Grass was pretty long and would not have worked with my regular old push rotary mower. (I like the cut this gives)

My reason for going for this pack was mainly for the hedge trimmer which I needed, I already own(ed) 2 Flymos, the hand push rotary type mower mentioned above, and also a single thread trimmer.

I was happily surprised to find the supplied trimmer had a double thread outlet.

All three items performed superbly on this weekend's big cleanup (2 trips to the tip with the back of a fully loaded people carrier filled close to the roof) :-)

I've even thrown the box that it came in away, that's how confident I am on its workings. As for the flymo's ... they've now joined the empty box at the tip hehe

Other than that, the grass box held a fair amount, would take a full load without falling off, in general it is rather cheapishly build and it does the job most expensive models would do too ..

I don't know, maybe it only lasts a year or two... so what ... you get what you pay for I suppose. (If you're really worried then best take out the extra warranty for less than £10)