VW T25 Campervan Review

chrisray's review of VW T25 Campervan

VW T25 Campervan Review”

Written on: 04/05/2005 by chrisray (7 reviews written)

Great to drive, Comfortable, Easy to park even without power steering.

Once they start to rust its hard to stop. Seems are always where they go first. Engines can lack power.

General Comments
VW T25 Campervan Review

I've only ever owned VW's, one reason for this is other VW users are always friendly, parts are easy to buy and cheap and as long as you look after yours you won't be selling for much less than you brought it for.

This is my third VW. I thought about buying a T2 baywindow but after getting into one of these it changed my mind! They're huge, considering the measurements. They're cheap..if you look at the other campervans, usually similiar year, milage and size you'll be spending thousands more! But why should you? Spares are easy to get, although up-grades are very expensive. So make sure if you want power steering+electric windows you buy it with the camper and not try to find someone who'll fit it for you, as it'll eat up your hard-earned.

I've got a Holdsworth conversion its well built and functional.

It's a 1900 petrol 57KW, no worries about power, its got enough and can surprisingly pull off pdq. Only down point is it also uses a fair amount of fuel. 22-30mpg. But considering the age this isn't bad.

If you are interested in one of these, if your going to pay 7K+ the seems have to be mint, low milage, engine upgrade, and/or gas conversion.

4k+ you'll probably see a little amount of rust around the wheel arches and a bit on the seems, middle milage.

2k+ if you get a camper at this price be careful..highmilage, engine leaks and rust will be why the price is so low if not buy asap but get it checked before hand. Either that or it won't be a proper camper converison and some cheap diy job.

There's many conversion's avaliable, sometimes LHD is cheaper, sometimes not. Once you buy a decent T25 you won't be looking back.

Terry Hobbs's Response to chrisray's Review

Written on: 02/09/2005

ive had my T25 for 4 years rust has been bad just paid for a respray , my wife wont let me sell we have grown to love it so much been everywere and never let us down. Going to spend more now on a new exhaust system . will it ever end ?

Arch81's Response to chrisray's Review

Written on: 30/12/2008

Hey Benny, what sort of mileage do you get? I'm looking at a 2.1 petrol myself, want to compare its running costs with a diesel

422573_Bennyt25's Response to chrisray's Review

Written on: 03/12/2008

Hey, I bought my t25 from the net, 1987 2.1 petrol. I paid £650 for it, and drove it home all the way to the east midlands from Salisbury, Devon way! Was amazed, not a rocket, but a great trip home. A little skeptical as it was dark when I picked it up, but I found it's a diamond in the rough! It has a couple of dents here and there, but ran sweet as a nut; never missed a beat and it had been stood for over 3 months before I took it home! It could do with some work but the beauty behind this van is that it's like a blank canvas, so easily it can be transformed into whatever I want! Hence, I've started, and it's just such a great roomy space to work in, a bit of a Tardis really! I've created a nifty double hammock bed which providing it works, I will let you all in on soon!

209935_Igi's Response to chrisray's Review

Written on: 12/09/2005

Couldn't agree more having owned a T1 And a T2 I will safely say that the T3 I own now is by far the best. They are so much more solidly put together and thus need far less money spent on them and besides being built like tanks make me happy everytime I take my 3 boys surfing down Wollacombe. Look out for us. Registration begins EAR.... SURFSUP DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! etc