Carnival Cruises, Triumph, Western Caribbean Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

carnivalbadmemory's review of Carnival Cruises, Triumph, Western Caribbean

“This was my first cruise for our whole family. On...”

Written on: 28/04/2005 by carnivalbadmemory (1 review written)

I could not enjoy this ship.

People on the ship not honest. My Olympus digital camera was stolen on the first day of my trip and the crew member didn't want to help me!

General Comments
This was my first cruise for our whole family. On Apr.16, 2005 The Carnival Triumph was supposed to leave Miami port at 4:00PM. But instead of leaving the port, there was emergency drill. We didn't know what happened. So we left there as well. I left my chair one minute and immediately realized I didn't take my camera with me so I went back to my chair. MY OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA WAS GONE!!! Also came with bag I had three memory cards and cable and rechargeable battery. I went down to purser information desk. but they didn't want to do anything for me. My camera was on ship for seven days but no one returned it. I don't know if it was taken by crew member or passenger. The moment I left the pool area there were a few crew members but didn't see passengers around that area. I was very upset and sick about this and it destroyed my entire vacation. I can't recommend this to anyone and our family don't want to return to Carnival anymore. I feel really bad. I wish customer support could help me. I don't hold my hope that you could find my Olympus Digital Camera with three memory cards. This emergency drill was not in the plan. 4:00PM should we should have left the port, not emergency drill. I complain about this.

• April 2005

Date of Cruise

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Adi1209's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 29/04/2007

I'm sorry that you got your camera taken but anywhere in the world that you leave behind an expensive item, it is likely to be taken. This is life, you live and you learn, right?

434936_Sugar1161's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 24/01/2009

The emergency drill that occurred on the ship is required and would have taken place on any other ship, not just Carnival. They have to do it prior to leaving the port and I have been a number of Carnival cruises and you are told with time to spare, to go to your room and gather your life jackets to proceed to the muster station. It isn't Carnival's fault that you left your camera behind.

Dane1212's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 10/09/2007

I also fully disagree with comment 1. I would not be trying to teach this guy or girl a lesson. Geesh. I feel very bad about how their camera was stolen, and to be honest i sailed on carnival pride and will never sail again with the carnival cruise line. You know i hope the reviewer gets this comment because i think the staff should have been able to help you find the camera!Obviously it was snatched quickly! Once again sorry to here this. Please respond reviewer if you get this comment. Thank you!

298431_Tray Bay's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 14/07/2007

I have to agree 100% with the other reply- there are theives everywhere. It is not Carnival's fault your camera was stolen. Sounds like you were very upset- rightfully so- but you can't blame someone else. Carnival knows why they had to do a drill- probably for YOUR safety. It's not like they did a drill so your camera would get stolen. It's very easy to sit back and criticize others. Sorry you had to experience this. Let's face it- people get things stolen all the time in life. That's why it's up to us to protect our stuff no matter where we are- even in our own home.