Panasonic RX-ED50 CD Radio Cassette Review

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

alloam's review of Panasonic RX-ED50 CD Radio Cassette

“I bought my Panasonic RX-ED50 three years ago and it...”

Written on: 04/04/2005 by alloam (1 review written)

Excellent sound quality Good volume level Double-cassette Aux-in Useful remote Not too heavy with good carrying handle

Cannot cope with CD/RW disks No mp3 playback Blue-illuminated screen can be hard to read quickly

General Comments
I bought my Panasonic RX-ED50 three years ago and it has provided faultless service. The quality of sound is very good. I actually bought this instead of a BOSE CD/Radio as the quality of sound was good (if not quite as good) and it had many more features that I have found useful. The motorised CD-tray is a nice feature on a portable, as are the fully electronic control systems for the tape decks.

I never used batteries, so my rating is a guess. However, the backup batteries did not run down in the three years since buying the machine. I used the main battery compartment to store the remote control!

Sadly, I have just had mine stolen so I am looking to find a replacement, and as yet I have found nothing to match the features and tasteful styling of this machine. If only it would play CD/RW disks - a failing that has proved suprisingly annoying for my uses.

None the less, I think I will be buying another as a replacement as it provides an excellent feature set, good sound quality, and neat design at a reasonable cost.

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

• Over 1 Year

Time Product Owned

Eastcoastdrifter's Response to alloam's Review

Written on: 06/07/2009

May be a bit of good news for you Alloam... there's a remote (genuine Panasonic) available at Amazon. Good review too.

Eastcoastdrifter's Response to alloam's Review

Written on: 06/07/2009

I agree with this review because... he gave a good account of the product after three years service and not an immediate review. I hope my comment about a replacement remote was helpful to him.<br/>Thanks Alloam :-)