Olympus MJU-410 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

ian1000's review of Olympus MJU-410

“The Olympus Mju-410 is the first Digital camera I have...”

Written on: 03/04/2005 by ian1000 (1 review written)

The Olympus Mju-410 is the first Digital camera I have purchasd and I have not been disappointed. Once I got used to using it (including the menus) I found it simple and reliable (I am from the school of "point and squirt" photos rather than continually adjusting settings). It seemed to be quite heavy compared to other cameras that I tried but there again at the same time it felt solid and well built.

Following from previous reviews of this camera, the sound is indeed irritating, but can be turned off and there is also an option for the settings to be saved and not reset when you switch it off and back on again. This was useful as I like the photos to be saved with the best quality possible (in case I need to zoom & print a smaller area of the pic).

The only down side to this camera is that it does not seem to take action pics very well. They come out blurred and I have yet to find a way round this problem. Aside from this, if you do not take many action pics then I would highly recommend this camera.

• Battery Life

• 1 - 6 Months

Time Digital Camera Owned

• Image Quality

Told2578's Response to ian1000's Review

Written on: 10/08/2005

I hate this camera,I have a 5 year old Olympus camera with a resoultion of 1.2 mega pixels and it does a hell of a better job taking pictures then the mju 410. Taking pictures is a hit or miss as to them being to dark or blurred. I contacted Olympus as I believed it to be a fault, but I was told to hold the camera very still as this was the problem. I will never buy another Olympus product and would recommend people look at the Fuji camera range instead.

Suzywong666's Response to ian1000's Review

Written on: 15/02/2006

I just bought this, it is fantastic.