Snooper S6R Neo Review

• How effective is the device?

colrich101's review of Snooper S6R Neo

“After a glowing commendation from a colleague I bought...”

Written on: 19/03/2005 by colrich101 (1 review written)

Showed my speedo over-read by 4mph.

Very bulky, difficult to mount unobtrusively anywhere in my Volvo V70 Estate. Cables are side entry to the unit so the velcro mounting is a non starter. Picked up far too much K-Band radar which is not explained in the manual. Missed many Gatsos on the North Circular.

General Comments
After a glowing commendation from a colleague I bought one of these for £345 including the RLD radar device. Had problems downloading which were resolved after the Snooper team 'bumped' their server. It was probably a feature of my vehicle but I couldn't mount the main unit anywhere it could be safely seen by the driver and in daylight the display is pointless. I probably had a bad experience or was just unlucky but at least my dealer gave me a full refund when I returned it after 8 days. I was offered a S4 at a discount but I think I'll just stick near the speed limits and keep the money in my pocket. Don't forget radar detectors will be illegal next year (GPS OK tho').