Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen Review

The Daddy's review of Apple iPod Classic - 4th Gen

“The Apple iPod Photo (60GB) is the third iPod I have...”

Written on: 10/02/2005 by The Daddy (70 reviews written)

Slick
Memory
Sideshows

Those Headphones

General Comments
The Apple iPod Photo (60GB) is the third iPod I have had experience of using and for my money is the best of the bunch. The memory size is fantastic and well worth the money, this top of the range version of the iPod is an essential for music lovers with a substantial CD collection. There is no substitute for having your tunes on tap when you are out and about and this will be as important to my holiday needs as my factor 15 suntan lotion.

The specifications of this product are simply mind-blowing. It took me just over a week to transfer my 1000 CD collection to the MP3. It was a week well spent. Once that initial donkeywork is out of the way though its all good and with the iPod Photo there is still plenty of room for many more musical masterpieces on my player. Photo-wise this little beauty is just as impressive, with the capacity to store 25,000 photos I will never need to invest in a disposable camera again. There is also a neat function whereby you can produce slideshows of your photo collection with your favourite tracks providing the background noise.

You really need a PC or Mac to get the best out of the photo features so if you haven't got a PC I suggest you your hand in your pocket. The headphones, while making me look like a cool cat, are slightly uncomfortable, and people with hairy ears (ie, The Wife) will certainly struggle to find any level of comfort from these.

This iPod is definitely the best in an already powerful Apple armada so that leaves me with one piece of advice. If you have to beg, steal or borrow, then do it, because once you get one of these there is no way back to the land of the portable CD player.

186605_Flabinator's Response to The Daddy's Review

Written on: 25/03/2005

Well where do I start I mean its just too amazing.
<br>The memory is amazing and the sound quality is mindblowing espeically if you are playing PRODIGY.