Darren Hayes, The Tension & the Spark Review

MissRoseDarrensAngel's review of Darren Hayes, The Tension and the Spark

Darren Hayes, The Tension and the Spark - I have to...”

Written on: 04/01/2005 by MissRoseDarrensAngel (1 review written)

Now that I have listened properly one time through (and have CD on repeat in my player), the following tracks in order of my favorites: Dublin Sky, I Like the Way, Darkness Popular, Unlovable, I Forgive You, and Hero.

The rest are growing on me slowly as I listen to them more: Light, Love & Attraction, Feel, Void, Ego, and Sense of Humor.

General Comments
Darren Hayes, The Tension and the Spark - I have to say this album is THE best Darren has done in terms of vocals and lyrics here. For me being a writer too, reading the lyrics book as I was listening to the CD, more of the songs have grown on me, and the more I listen to them the more I will enjoy them.

At the Listening Party after one listen a few tracks really stood out to me: Dublin Sky, Darkness, Unlovable, I Like the Way and I Forgive You. The rest were in the middle and would grow on me eventually.

This is an album that is a must-have for anyone who appreciates good music and lyrics. The electronic music parts may not be all people's thing but its secondary and not important to me personally. Its an album that will really appeal to many because it has mature themes to it that most people can relate to for sure: heartbreak, darkness, betrayal, loss, and from the bad times, light and love will come your way for sure.

If I had to pick the next song as the next single, I'd pick Dublin Sky - it's got an acoustic feel, and a slower tempo song that people expect from Darren. But it's not a typical love song either but a song about looking back and having some regrets & more but also looking back with fondness on the good times of a failed relationship.

Run, don't walk, to the nearest store or website, and get it this CD... it's so worth it.

• Clay Aiken, Daniel Bedingfield, U2, Goldfrapp

Other Artists Listened To

Mindy's Response to MissRoseDarrensAngel's Review

Written on: 04/01/2005

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that the last 4 approved CD reviews were of this same album, did someone post a link to this site on a Darren Hayes messageboard? If so, which one? :)

Mindy's Response to MissRoseDarrensAngel's Review

Written on: 06/01/2005

Thanks!

Missrosedarrensangel's Response to MissRoseDarrensAngel's Review

Written on: 04/01/2005

It was at the official Dzine Forum (Fan Club) board.