Ebay Motors UK - www.ebaymotors.co.uk Review

• Range of ads

Cockneywolfe's review of Ebay Motors UK - www.ebaymotors.co.uk

“Personally I wouldn't advertise another car with Ebay...”

Written on: 12/11/2004 by Cockneywolfe (1 review written)

Lots of space to outline vehicle details

Very unclear pricing structure
Search engine is very bad
Too many timewasters (I had about 20 emails asking for the reserve price; when I told them, they'd just under it. Maybe this is the way it all works, but it is extremely frustrating)
Labour intensive - you need to be on your computer regularly to field emails. Traditional methods are far better in that you advertise once and wait for the phone to ring)

General Comments
Personally I wouldn't advertise another car with Ebay Motors UK. The process of placing an ad was long and complicated (especially for the first-timer) and many 'buyers' were unwilling to bid as I was a first time seller. This kind of snobbery isn't very helpful.

Their customer support is slow and it is impossible to talk to someone on the helpdesk. Their 'contact form' is not at all intuitive as you need to select your comments from a series of menus.

Overall, it's not the selling (or buying) experience it's cracked up to be.

I ended up selling my car on Auto Trader's website, which incidently is very good!