The Guardian Review

The Guardian
2.8

cosmo's review of The Guardian

The Guardian is by far my favourite newspaper. I find...”

written by cosmo on 29/10/2004

Thoughtful, well-written.

One must always approach news with a touch of cynicism. They don't do a compact-sized edition to read on the train!

General Comments
The Guardian is by far my favourite newspaper. I find their news coverage fair and rational and I suppose that, as I tend to agree with their liberal political bias and I would rather read a newspaper that doesn't enrage me, the Guardian is an obvious choice.

Coupled with this is the fact that their Saturday magazine section is by far the best with loads of detailed and in-depth articles ranging from cheesy Hollywood interviews to more political and topical issues and a whole host of lifestyle features.

As far as I am concerned there are only 3 papers I would consider buying for anything other than a laugh: the Guardian, the Times and the Independent. Of these 3 the Times is far too conservative, the Independent isn't bad but their supplements fall short and, as a result, I simply prefer the Guardian. Nuff said.

• Daily

Published

• Regularly

Regularity Of Purchase

• Excellent

Quality Of Suppliments

Mnwilliams's Response to cosmo's Review

Written on: 04/01/2006

I agree with the previous review. While it's not difficult to find a liberal newspaper, the Guardian doesn't try to hide its liberal bias, which is what I love. I also like the Washington Post and Newsweek Magazine.