Sony Ericsson K700i Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

cowcalves's review of Sony Ericsson K700i

“I was torn between getting the SE K700i and the...”

Written on: 18/10/2004 by cowcalves (48 reviews written)

MP3 Player
Bluetooth
Radio
Camera
Video Camera
It Was Free

Battery Life doesn't appear great, about 2-3 days but I guess that's to be expected with all the features.
Not Clamshell.

General Comments
I was torn between getting the SE K700i and the Samsung E800. I previously had a Samsung A800 and had been very satisfied and was very tempted to simply upgrade, but then this little beauty caught my eye. The camera is definitely superior to the Samsung E700 (which the Mrs has) not sure about the E800, but you couldn't ask for much better on a phone. It also packs a radio, Bluetooth and an MP3 player which is not bad seeing as it was free (on £25 a month Contract, same as the E800 which has none of these three). Java games are alright but I'm not much of a mobile phone game player anyway. You can compose you're own ringtones using little samples which is surprisingly fun. It's pretty small and looks the business. I would have preferred a clamshell design as I've already managed to get a small scratch on the screen and don't want to go back to calling the emergency services from my pocket once a week, (Why don't they stop this happening, I'm sure everyone can work out how to take the keylock off in the event of an emergency). Anyway these are minor probs compared to what you get. Battery life has much room for improvement but is no biggy. You can't have a phone that does everything and uses as much power as an old 2 colour job. Also would have been nice if they'd included a cable to link it to your PC, but I think I'll get a dongle instead. Either way I'm a happy man, and would recommend this phone/camera to anyone.

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

174936_Cherryberry's Response to cowcalves's Review

Written on: 24/10/2004

Just a question, in the Vodafone brochure it says you can get a memory card for this phone, you know if it's true?

Cowcalves's Response to cowcalves's Review

Written on: 22/11/2004

In answer to Cherryberyy, no there is no slot for a memory card. You're stuck with the 40KB you're given. Which is more than enough I've found so far.

Pcthug's Response to cowcalves's Review

Written on: 02/11/2004

I have spoke to vodafone, who state their version of the phone wont allow MP3 ring tones, and they have changed the lovely 3d icons to plain 2d ones for vodafone live.
<br>I enquired with Sony Ericsson about the O2 phone, and they stated that the new firmware which is available for download might not work with the O2 version of the phone.
<br>I have just purchased the O2 verison (and awaiting delivery), as the online offers were better than Orange etc.
<br>I will let you know my thoughts in the form of a review...
<br>
<br>MATT

Safarijim's Response to cowcalves's Review

Written on: 25/10/2004

This sounds just the phone for me, but can anyone give me more information on the apparent molestation of the features/software by the network companies eg; what do they do? what do you loose? are there any that leave it alone? and can you 'reformat' the phone in any way to overcome this?