Jessops Review

1.5
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

escape's review of Jessops

Jessops - Disgusted at the Maidenhead Branch today......”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by escape on 13/10/2004

They were open and had what I wanted

No attention to what was going on in front of them

I could have run out without paying

Don't want paying customers

General Comments
Jessops - Disgusted at the Maidenhead Branch today... I knew what I wanted and they had it on the shelf, however this Camcorder Accessory was not available everywhere, so I was content to stand at the counter to be served...

There was a Technician in the background that could be forgiven for her dedicated tasks, however there were TWO sales staff at the counter and neither would acknowledge that I existed... I had the item clearly visible and ready to pay, but was still ignored! I understand that all customers need dealing with, but:

One was dealing with a customer who didn't want to pay in full for the services on their camera and the sales person just wandered off to the back to make a phone call after about 10 minutes. The other guy was dealing with a parts query and he again ignored the fact that I existed and proceeded to make phone enquiries for that customer. I appreciate that both customers were entitled to service, but I was not amused even after another customer walked out in a huff of waiting 5 minutes earlier, fed up of being ignored. ... After 15 minutes total, I put the item down in disgust and walked out! This was not a very big store so was easy for me to be seen (in front of them) ... If they wanted to!!! Just an acknowledgement would have gone a long way!

I know that I can't just get my item anywhere, but am OK in waiting until the next time I pass a similar (NON JESSOPS) shop and purchase elsewhere!!!!!!!!

I spent 7 years in Senior Retail Management and it was clear that this store needs urgent staff training.

• Minus £30!

• Layout of shop

Digi's Response to escape's Review

Written on: 25/04/2005

I work for Jessops and I have to say that I'm sorry that you feel that your experience was negative.
<br>
<br>But a lot seems to lie on the sales staff, and as a said member of the staff I have to point out that working for Jessops is quite a technical job - with countless different questions been thrown at us daily.
<br>
<br>Plus we often have to know about a wide range of products - chemicals etc.
<br>
<br>All this while dealing with people asking for internet price matches, best deals and discounts off shelf price.
<br>
<br>My point, well most staff are paid minimun wage, average salary £4.85 - so please bear with us.
<br>
<br>We try but we can't please everyone all the time

Ksg's Response to escape's Review

Written on: 30/06/2008

I have to agree with the original poster, I used to put up with the service at Maidenhead because I had to - but now I just order everything online from www.silverprint.co.uk and www.retrophotographic.co.uk. They're friendly, helpful and knowledgeable on the phone and the few times I've been to their shop (Silverprint).<br/><br/>The high-street shops are complaining that online sales are killing them, well - if they had 'customer service' perhaps this would not be the case...

346012_Mrgphotographic's Response to escape's Review

Written on: 18/02/2008

I agree with this review because I have had problems with customer service in Jessops Swansea Branch I think the whole company could use some customer service training.
I doesn't take more than a second to let a customer know they have been seen and you will help them A.S.A.P.
I recently visited the USA and I am still amazed by the levels of service received there they could certainly teach Jessops a thing or two.

253205_Stigofthedump's Response to escape's Review

Written on: 29/07/2006

Try to be patient - other children are allowed to have their turn too.