Sony DAV-SA30 Review

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

badgeronimous's review of Sony DAV-SA30

“I bought the SA30 in April '04 and all was rosy for...”

Written on: 26/09/2004 by badgeronimous (1 review written)

Good sound for your pound
Easy set up

Inexplicable problem

General Comments
I bought the SA30 in April '04 and all was rosy for the first 4 months I owned mine, the sound quality was excellent, etc. However then the problems started. My machine started to randomly click, getting faster and faster until it could be described as a hum (maybe around 600Hz) through the speakers, before the clicking slowed down and stopped again. All in all it took maybe 5 minutes for this clicking to stop. It's a shame because I like this system, and unfortunately the box was lost when my cellar got flooded during the heavy rain of the summer, and the price of a sony repair is going to be almost as much as I paid for it.

• 1 - 6 Months

Time DVD Player Owned

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Booca's Response to badgeronimous's Review

Written on: 21/04/2005

I bought a Sony 32' TV which included the DAV-SA30 as a package in a sale, This was in June 04. All was fine until 5 months later when crackling noises were heard from the Speakers and the machine still makes the sound. When I returned to Sony with the unit it sounded fine. What a surprise. However when back home.... hey presto, the crackling came back after a few mins.
<br>I would strongly reccommend never buying a DVD with AV surround combined. Very poor. It will be returned, and this time I'm leaving it with them..

Stuart Frost's Response to badgeronimous's Review

Written on: 15/06/2010

Hey Presto, I bought my Sony DVD with a TV package back in 2004, from the Sony Cenrte in Exeter. They weren't very helpful at all, indeed didn't respond to any of my comunications. I couldn't take it to a Sony syore locally as, I was told. they're all under different franchises, but my 'crackling' problem occured almost immediately. It has been used very lttle because of the problem.

209593_Malcolm Usher's Response to badgeronimous's Review

Written on: 10/09/2005

I bought this item 18 months ago. Unfortunately it developed a sound distortion in first 3 months. Eventually after 6 weeks it was replaced.
<br>Guess what! This one (now out of warranty) has developed same problem. Now considering I chose Sony for reliability it is not a good result!!

209200_Amaz0Ne's Response to badgeronimous's Review

Written on: 07/09/2005

I have the exact same noise... I sent it today to Sony Switzerland and I'm curious to hear what they will tell me.