Sony SDM-S73 Review

From 1 review

fatboyslim's review of Sony SDM-S73

“I purchased this 17 inch TFT to replace a Relisys 15...”

Written on: 22/09/2004 by fatboyslim (1 review written)

Sharpness, colour, detail, ease of use, appearance.

None.

General Comments
I purchased this 17 inch TFT to replace a Relisys 15 inch TFT, as I was upgrading to a 17 inch, and I have to say the difference in sharpness, colour and detail is amazing compared to my old monitor. Now the colours are more vivid everything is now much more sharper and you notice more detail in pictures as I found out when I put a CD on my PC which has some pictures I had taken with my 5MP digital camera, when I looked at the pictures on this monitor I could see detail that I could not see with the old monitor. Also this monitor has an excellent anti glare coating on it and I have noticed that my eyes do not feel strained and sore like they use to sometimes do with my old monitor, also the SDM-S73 has a usefull cable tidy on the back which you pull the plastic cover off the arm that attaches to the monitor feed the cables up and then secure them with the 3 cable clips then the complete back cover slides up to reveal the connections for the power and picture connections, this keeps the cables a lot more tidy. Overall this is an excellent monitor and the picture quality is amazing it ouses detail and the colours are vivid, the design of this monitor is stunning it will grace any desk. One last thing if you visit Sonys website this monitor is in the professional range of monitors for £420 I shopped around and got mine for £290 from www.microwarehouse.co.uk and could not fault there excellent customer service.