Bush PSDAB2003 Review

• Sound Quality

beaubrummell's review of Bush PSDAB2003

“I read other reviews of this DAB radio on the web and...”

Written on: 19/09/2004 by beaubrummell (1 review written)

Good clear signal in areas with an average/good signal. Solid design, made for commuters/joggers.

Earphones supplied are a little sub standard so if you want the best possible sound you'll need to invest in better in-ear phones. No FM availability if it bothers you but most of the main FM stations have DAB output anyway.

General Comments
I read other reviews of this DAB radio on the web and noticed that it held on to the signal well once it was established. As a commuter this strong signal hold was very important to me as obviously I'm on the move. The first time I tried it I had bad vibes i.e. where I begin my journey (in Harlow, Essex) there was a poor signal and all I got was silence or the strange bubbling noise I'd read about. I needn't have worried. As soon as my coach left Harlow and we got on the motorway the signal was crystal clear all the way to Aldgate Station (an hour's journey). I happily listened to the Ryder Cup all the way back from work that day too. The sound quality is really excellent (you get the occasional wobble passing under bridges and going through tunnels obviously) and I'd recommend DAB radio to all once you've checked online that you have a good signal in your area. The Bush PSDAB2003 is not the most expensive model on the market and I haven't tried out any others but I can't imagine that more expensive models will be very much better sound wise.

It has other features like a choice of 6 equaliser settings (which I haven't even tried out yet) and it has the usual station pre-sets you'd expect. The controls are pretty idiot proof so technophobes should have no trouble getting to grips with this. It fits nicely into a jacket pocket and runs on 2 AA batteries which give 10 hours of use according to the blurb (I used rechargeable batteries to avoid extra costs).

All in all I'm very happy with my purchase.

• Sound Quality