Recruitment Consultant Review

Recruitment Consultant
2.2

Asmatic Ant With Heavy Shopping's review of Recruitment Consultant

“I lasted for about 2 months as a recruitment...”

written by Asmatic Ant With Heavy Shopping on 17/08/2004

Payed alright. Fast promotions

Was boring and people tend to hate you quite a bit.

General Comments
I lasted for about 2 months as a recruitment consultant. I worked in the construction industry trying to get jobs for brickies, labourers and the like. It was a shocking job, I worked 10hrs a day constantly on the phone to people who didn't want to speak to me. It seems like when you look for graduate jobs recruitment is everywhere. Trust me people, there are better jobs out there, save yourself the time and don't even bother doing it in the first place. Everyone in my office was constantly talking about leaving and most of them now have. You can get fast promotions because everyone leaves so quick so you soon become one of the most experienced people, but it's not worth it.

Babrahams's Response to Asmatic Ant With Heavy Shopping's Review

Written on: 17/05/2006

I really do have to agree with this review. Having decided to have a career change, I went into recruitment - what a mistake. This has got to be the most bitchy, competitve, nasty environment I have ever been in. I thought that working my way up to becoming a manager of my own branch things would change, but no they got even worse!! I could not wait to get out, and no-one where I worked is still there - no-one stays in recruitment for long - get out and get a more stimulating job, where your work is valued and appreciated.