Digital Mobile www.digitalmobile.co.uk Review

JT's review of Digital Mobile www.digitalmobile.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“I ordered an upgrade to my Orange phone from...”

Written on: 09/08/2004 by JT (1 review written)

If the phone had actually turned up.. then the price.

Customer service is appalling. They don't contact you when they say they will. You get fobbed off with one excuse after another. Their website is also riddled with errors / broken links.

General Comments
I ordered an upgrade to my Orange phone from Digitalmobile.co.uk. The form you have to fill in, although seemingly secure, has some rather questionable components. These include a section for direct debit which I had to fill in in order to progress to the next page - despite the fact I wasn't paying by direct debit. I rang the customer service line and was told to "stick any numbers/ letters I liked" into the box.
The website says that any phone you order will be dispatched the next working day, but if it is out of stock then they will contact you within 2 working days to give you a likely delivery date.
After 3 working days I phoned them. The lady I spoke to said her colleague had been trying to contact me. I had given them my address, e-mail, landline and mobile numbers - perhaps they had decided to use carrier pigeon instead.
I was also told the item was out of stock, but should be in the following week and they would call me. 9 days later, having heard nothing, I rang again and was told that a supervisor would call back - after 2 hours no one had called, so I phoned back and spoke to the same lady again. This time she was ready with an excuse... and it sounded just that.
My phone was out of stock, they were ringing the supplier in 30 minutes to get an idea of progress and would let me know. I asked if they could let me know when they had spoken to the supplier. She said she could only inform me by e-mail and it would be the following morning. No e-mail arrived the following day.
I e-mailed them instead cancelling my contract and asking them to confirm they had refunded me... I am still waiting.
Don't be fooled by the decent prices and seemingly glowing reviews on their website. The customer service has been atrocious.

• Phone upgrade £99