Sony Ericsson T68i Review

• Battery Life

• Reception

• Style

Cybermaus.'s review of Sony Ericsson T68i

“I did not have any problems with the battery on my

Written on: 26/09/2002 by Cybermaus. (1 review written)

This is a nice small phone, with more features than I needed, but it did have the ones I did want: 3-band, InfraRed, Very small and a good Many features.

No resistance agains condensation.

General Comments
I did not have any problems with the battery on my Sony Ericsson T68i phone as is often claimed by others. True, the first day I played with the phone all day (it was a weekend) and then it only has one day of charge. But when things normalized, it lasted a week.

But it suddenly broke and, according to the service center, due to moisture - which is not under warranty. It had not, and has never been near any fluids or water. True however, I did notice that condensation was on the screen after it was in my pockets for I while on a hot day. It seems that putting it in your pocket is enough to break the device, irreparably and without warranty.

Even more irritating: I received a letter back stating it had fluid damage, which may not necessarily be due to obvious fluid exposure, but can also be from condensation, which could have occurred any time before the actual break, and is hardly traceable.

In other words, they can *always* claim condensation, whatever happenens, and you have no way of getting your warranty.

I had a SH888 before, for about 5 years, and it never had any problems. I only bought a new one because it was stolen. And though it was twice as thick and high, I 'wore' it the same way. No problems, it was a tank. People warned me about the new Ericssons, but I sticked to it, too bad. Too bad Nokia does not have 3-band. Let's look at Motorola.

47010_Jerry.'s Response to 39975_Cybermaus.'s Review

Written on: 29/10/2002

FYI: Nokia does have Tri-Band phones available.

58127_David Haynes.'s Response to 39975_Cybermaus.'s Review

Written on: 15/12/2002

A good number of Nokia's have Tri-band.

55540_Bramwian.'s Response to 39975_Cybermaus.'s Review

Written on: 03/12/2002

There is a Nokia tri band on the market. 6310i I use it regularly when visiting the USA from Europe. Good phone with the exception of it being a little large. Hence looking to swop to T68i