Hyatt Regency Hotel Sharm el Sheikh Review

Hyatt Regency Hotel Sharm el Sheikh
3.8

David Rensler's review of Hyatt Regency Hotel Sharm el Sheikh

“My wife and I have just returned from our first...”

written by David Rensler on 03/05/2004

Great rooms
Excellent food
Helpful and friendly staff
Pleasant beach with good access to snorkelling site

Little way from town? (Not necessarily a bad thing!)

General Comments
My wife and I have just returned from our first holiday in Egypt, having stayed at the Hyatt Regency. From the moment we got there, the friendly staff could not do enough for us. We have stayed in a few hotels of this calibre but there was something which set this place apart. I have usually found that staff in such hotels can often be rather aloof and somewhat snooty, but at the Hyatt this was not the case. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful and made us both feel very much at home.

One of the main reasons we chose the Hyatt was because of other reviews we had read regarding food around Sharm. The Hyatt lived up to our high expectations and in the seven days we stayed there I did not have a single meal I did not enjoy. The Thai restaurant on site served fantastic food, which was extremely authentic and the 'Souk' (a kind of market buffet affair with live entertainment) was very good quality and reasonably priced. This was a trend continued throughout the hotel which often surprised me in terms of cost. On the subject of food, it is worth going to the Beach House restaurant on a night when they are serving dinner (I think twice a week), as the fresh fish and atmosphere take some beating!

The snorkelling was superb, directly available from a jetty on the private beach, and the marine life was amazing!

I would recommend this place to everyone and I will be going back!