Anthony Summers, Goddess: The Secret Lives of Marilyn Monroe Review

EricaJane's review of Anthony Summers, Goddess: The Secret Lives of Marilyn Monroe

Anthony Summers, Goddess: The Secret Lives of Marilyn...

Written on: 22/03/2004 by EricaJane (1 review written)

I have read many books about Marilyn Monroe and her career but none that really got into great detail with her relationships with people and I found it very interesting to know more.

I found the book to be written very well and I respect Summers as an author, but as I was reading the book I came across a photograph of Marilyn Monroe at death which was recieved by a confidential source where it should have stayed. I believe that the photo was much too personal and I was very much upset at it, I find it to be disrespectful and invadent of the author to want to show us a photo of someone at death. Although we all know Marilyn is dead it is hard to see that she will never again make another film or sing another song for us and we shouldn't have to. I am very irritated to see that somebody would publicly display the lifeless body of a woman who is cared and loved so much in the public eye.

General Comments
Anthony Summers, Goddess: The Secret Lives of Marilyn Monroe Review: As I read the title of the book I was unsure of what it was going to be about. As I read the book I found it to be very eye opening and loved the truthfulness and wished we could all know all of the lives of her. I slowly started to understand the position she was in all of the time a sex object abuesed all of her life never having a place to go to be secure.