Charles Worthington Seriously Shiny Hair Taming Serum Review

BubbleLove's review of Charles Worthington Seriously Shiny Hair Taming Serum

“I've just had my hair cut, and as I'm not used to the...”

Written on: 15/03/2004 by BubbleLove (10 reviews written)

Shiny, Silky Hair

The smell.....

General Comments
I've just had my hair cut, and as I'm not used to the style yet I wanted something to help me control it! ( yes my hair is wild!) In Boots I came across the Charles Worthington range, I'd never tried any of these products before but the Seriously Shiny Hair Serum caught my attention.

First of all let me explain that at the moment you can pick 6 Charles Worthington takeaway products for £6. These products are designed for you to take on holiday instead of those large bulky bottles. I find it a great way of trying new stuff without paying the full price!

The bottle the serum comes in is clear, and has a yellow/green top. The serum comes with a pump action so there's no need to squeeze too much on to your hand! My takeaway bottle contained 15ml and was individually priced at £1.65, but as stated above I got six products for £6. The serum I purchased stated it was for fly away/ fine hair. I do know that you can purchase this product for curly thicker hair. It states on the bottle that "The serum is light-weight, non-oily for tangle-free hair. Seals dry spilt ends with a light all-over glossing formula".

So what's the serum like? Well I have found that some serums make your hair feel heavy and even make it look greasy but this product seemed to be so light weight I couldn't quite believe it! Directions for use are: after towel drying hair simply pump a small amount onto the palm of your hand and work evenly through the hair, and then style as usual. So Saturday night came and I did so. Firstly I like a product to smell nice but this wasn't the best smelling product I'd ever used, the smell to me reminded me of a really strong perfume your Granny would wear, but hey if it worked we could work with the smell. The bottle is nice and compact, so if you're like me and have lots of products, it doesn't take up too much room on your dressing table!

After drying and styling my hair I was quite surprised with how soft and shiny it looked. My hair didn't feel heavy and it certainty didn't look greasy or like it had too much product on it. It was very manageable and I had no frizz! Yes! I love my hair to look shiny without looking like it needs a wash and I found this product did just that. I only used a small amount on my hair, and it is quite long, so I reckon a little goes a long way and I'm going to get my money\'s worth out of this!!

Overall, apart from the smell, this product did what it said it would and I give it a thumbs up. I love my Sexy shiny hair! I feel like a movie star! My hair held its style all night and even after clubbing the night away my hair looked fresh and silky. If you're after the silky smooth look of Hollywood I would recommend this product. Most Charles Worthington Products are available from Boots. And for more information you can look on the website

www.cwlondon.com

Thanks For taking time to read

Lou x