I LOST 1K! AVOID AND DO NOT USE!

Rhodes473's review of WeCare Removals - www.wecare-removals.com

“I LOST 1K! AVOID AND DO NOT USE!”

Written on: 16/09/2021 by Rhodes473 (1 review written)

***WARNING***: USE THIS COMPANY AT YOUR PERIL! I have reported them to the police! On the day of the move, I was hit with unforeseen additional costs despite being given a fixed price of £1,000. They claimed my items were not on the inventory list I had supposedly filled. However, I had NEVER personally filled out an inventory. I was promised a team of professional movers but got two non-uniformed unprofessional movers in a dirty small van. One spoke no English so I could not communicate at all with him. My advice to anyone reading this review is to RUN a mile away from a business who only insists on taking payments only via bank transfers or cash. Via this method of payment, when things go wrong, customers cannot raise a charge-back and this is exactly what has happened to me. We Care Removals is one of the brand names of Kent Removals – when you deal with WeCare, you are asked to pay money into Kent Removals’ bank account. This was confirmed to me in writing by their staff. Upon checking the records of KentRemovalsLTD on the U.K. registrar of companies called Company House, it shows company’s owner. However, You will never speak with him and only ever speak to an English man, who in the beginning is very professional, cracking jokes, etc. until you pay money. Contact made on 6/9/21 after finding WeCareRemovals online and was emailed a fixed quote of £1,000 for removals & storage by a team of “professional movers.” 10 hanging boxes, protective furniture covers for mattress, glass furniture, to be provided. Staff insisted on payment only via bank transfer or cash. This rang warning bells but ignored intuition & made full payment on 11/9/21. 13/9/21 at 8.45am, 2 non-uniformed men in a tattered dirty van arrived with cling film (claimed they were no furniture covers available) and 6 hanging boxes. One spoke no English so I could not communicate with him. Claimed my items were not on the inventory list and showed what appeared to look like an app on their phone, where they could see this so called inventory list. Alarmed as I had never personally filled out an inventory list, made a call to this company who said there are additional costs for items not on inventory list. I questioned this inventory list as had never personally filled one and asked to see one which they claimed I had filled. The man hung up the phone at me - I made 3 attempts to speak with him & each time he ended the call. I spent almost an hour in limbo trying to clarify there was to be no additional last-minute costs. He eventually sent an email with screenshot of an “inventory list” I had supposedly filled - the items listed & quantity were incorrect and I had never personally filled out the inventory list he sent to me. For example, the inventory list stated I had a TV stand, two chest of drawers, etc. I did NOT have such EVER in my possession. I had not filled this list and had never done so as I never had a TV stand, never had two chest of drawers, etc. He eventually acknowledged that I did not fill this, it was their error and I will not be charged extra. He then started saying there will be additional costs for “delayed loading time.” It was almost 10:00am, I was extremely stressed & feeling trapped in a hostage situation with different costs arising at the time of my move. I had spent 1hr 15mins battling an inventory list I did not personally fill now had to battle with new issue of extra costs for “delayed waiting time.” As I tried to find out more, He refused to talk with me -phones went unanswered. Eventually, a lady with very limited English picked up the phone and claimed she was not aware of the issue & would pass message to the man. At this stage, knew I could not entrust these individuals with my things in long term storage given their behaviours. Who knew what additional extra cost could crop up when they had my things in their storage? Given everything that had happened, I could not continue with their service. Asked for full refund & it was denied. And that is how I have lost £1,000! They have since spent all their time flagging my reviews as fake but I have shown evidence to the companies who regulate reviews. Please AVOID this company! I am still fighting to get my £1,000 back and have joined forces with others who have gone through similar to report them to the police, etc. They spend all their time flagging negative reviews on other review platforms and recently took down their Facebook page which had so many bad reviews. I am not the only one who had this nasty experience! They’re plenty others! Please, please, STAY away from this company or be like me who is now fighting to reclaim her £1,000!