Started off promising ….

Debra86's review of Seven Seas Worldwide

“Started off promising …. ”

Written on: 05/09/2022 by Debra86 (1 review written)

I was so happy when the boxes arrived with a handy pen and tape to make sure everything was sealed and marked correctly. Boxes uplifted on time.
The boxes are now sitting at a port In Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. I shipped 4 boxes costing £400. I am now being told that on top of this I now need to pay £600 for customs and clearance and I also need a clearing agent to clear the boxes so they can be uplifted.
Sevenseas promised door to door delivery - untrue.
I now need to pay each day that the boxes are being stored there until they can be cleared. I now also need to organise for a driver to collect the boxes and deliver them which will be another lump sum.
I am so disappointed in this service … I don’t know what to do or how to go about getting a clearing agent (broker) in Saudi Arabia.
Can someone from sevenseas please respond.

Jwbhenderson64's Response to Debra86's Review

Written on: 06/09/2022

Dear Debra, you have used our Door to Port service from the United Kingdom to Saudi Arabia.

Our quote clearly explains that this sea service is NOT to your door but must be collected from a warehouse at the port. We also advise you to use a clearance agent to clear your shipment and we give you an estimate of the charges you may pay, We can only advise you of the amount since the agent has no relationship with us.

We fulfilled every aspect of the service you paid us to perform.

Regards, Seven Seas Worldwide