Lost boxes, damaged items, missing expensive items

mariar2001's review of LoveSpace - www.lovespace.co.uk

“Lost boxes, damaged items, missing expensive items”

Written on: 29/09/2022 by mariar2001 (2 reviews written)

I have contacted 2 people via email over this, but I'll make a final attempt.
1. My delivery includes one box which is wrongly labelled as mine, since it was supposed to be a 'large suitcase' AND it is a cardboard box containing someone else's bed spreads, sheets, blankets etc.
2 One item marked as 'other' is misssing ( a green yoga mat)
3. Out of the boxes I received that did contain my items, two were not the boxes I originally sent, but LOVESPACE boxes, which had missing items and were significantly smaller than the ones I sent to the deposit. Someone has been through my things, and resealed them, but failed to include all of the original things in the package. Amongst the missing items, there is a woven tray made out of bamboo, a porcelain embellished cup, a goose feather heavy blanket ( expensive items!!!!). These items are precisely the ones missing, plus some clothes, cutlery, a pillow, some food and medical supplements, and shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!! A DR. Martin pair of heavy leather boots ( expensive!).

I am a student. I cannot afford to cover your negligence and gross misconduct out of my own pocket. I have made several attempts to contact the company, and the lack of reply and continuity I take as evasion. Please never use this company for delivery or storage - both my pickup and my return order were late, the return order was postponed twice, two of my original boxes are missing, one has been meddled with ( only part of the items in the original box were transferred in the sealed LOVESPACE box), I've had damaged and moldy items in one of the boxes, and some of my expensive stuff is ( curiously!) missing. It is an extremely expensive service ( I think with the 2 deliveries and the 2 months of deposit I paid over 400 pounds) and the value for money is horrific. The bar is so low it's in hell, and dealing with LOVESPACE has caused me a great deal of emotional and financial stress, especially since I've not been able to get a reply back and have had to cover the costs of their negligence out of my own pocket. Those items I had packed from my second year of college were my tiny life, and I used them to craft my own private space; I was attached to them. The way they treated my belongings is not only grossly unprofessional and negligent, but quite heartless as well for a company called 'lovespace'.