Avoid

autopilotoff1080's review of LoveSpace - www.lovespace.co.uk

“Avoid”

Written on: 26/01/2020 by autopilotoff1080 (1 review written)

Until I decided to get my items returned, I was pretty satisfied with Lovespace. My boxes were collected promptly by the company and stored at a competitive monthly rate, with everything trackable through an online interface.

But it is precisely when you return your items that the company gets you, leaving a very nasty surprise for the end. In order to get my 8 boxes returned to me, I had to pay the outrageously high amount of £132. This amounts to more than what I paid for four months of storage, for nothing more than a man in a van delivering some average-sized boxes.

While Lovespace may defend themselves by claiming their pricing is transparent, all their website mentions is standard delivery from "£5.95 per box", which gave me the impression I would be paying roughly £50 for the return of my items. The additional cost came from requesting a Saturday delivery (the only option for anyone with a full-time job) and some opaque additional fees which were not clearly explained.

In other words, Lovespace is essentially lures you in with low collection and storage fees, while making its money back with extortionate delivery fees at the end of the process – when it knows its customers need their items and have no alternative but to pay.

AVOID.