Great until there is a problem

SEROW's review of GB Liners - www.gbliners.com

“Great until there is a problem”

Written on: 31/12/2021 by SEROW (1 review written)

I have no complaints about the removal or delivery services - we had two speedy, efficient and friendly teams. However, after 13 months in storage, a very heavy oak table top, which was stored vertically at an angle (against my express wishes), warped and the metal base rusted. Rust is excluded from GB Liner's policy and the company will not agree that the table top was store incorrectly. Rather, it has suggested that the table must have been damp when it went into store and the drying out process caused the warping and rust. So, now I have no choice but to replace my dining table and seek legal redress for a reasonable contribution!

Meanwhile, I am shocked to be advised that, despite many questions on the subject, GB Liners did not insure my goods while they were in storage, so there is no third party to whom I can appeal/claim - the company marks its own homework. Almost £15k spend on removals/storage, but no acceptance of liability for the ONE thing that went wrong - imagine the potential cost to me if there had been other issues!?

Moreover, having requested a deadlock letter from the company Director, the response I received was "Like most of the rest of the nation I'm taking a break between Christmas and New Year and while I may not be able to resist temptation in form of food, drink or reading emails I dont plan to reply to any/many until 4th January." So, I'll try to enjoy Christmas and New Year too...at my damaged dining table...wishing I hadn't bothered to pay an additional £64.81 to extend my claim limit time to 28 days, as highlighting the rust issue on the day I received my dining table and highlighting the bowing a few days later, did not make any difference whatsoever.