Gamble Your Belongings And Pay Heavily To Do So

philjunderwood's review of GB Liners - www.gbliners.com

“Gamble Your Belongings And Pay Heavily To Do So”

Written on: 15/02/2019 by philjunderwood (1 review written)

I used GB Liners to move between the UK and Vancouver, Canada. On the way out in 2017 the price was high, but the service was good. My items were taken care of, they were packaged intelligently and securely and there were a minimal, minor number of acceptable breakages on arrival. However, on the return in 2019 things were very different.

The price was extortionate. About 80% the cost of 2017 for half the volume, even though the items accounted for around 60% the volume paid for. The partner GB Liners selected to collect and package my items were amateur at best. They sent a single agent, with a bad back to collect my items. He couldn't do any lifting, so I had to do all of it. He had no boxes or bags with him, so took many of my items, including a bicycle completely unprotected and rattling around inside the back of an otherwise empty truck.

Upon arrival GB Liners also sent a single agent to drop things off. Again, I felt obliged to assist this struggling employee. I realised that many of my boxes and bags had been repacked. Many small items were missing and from the number of breakages it was clear that my boxes had been thrown around with disregard. The worst part was finding the bicycle had been cocooned in bubble wrap along with an additional set of free-moving bicycle wheels. Repeated and sustained vibration and collision between the bike and the wheels caused significant damage to the bicycle. Despite paying the premium for insurance, I found this out after the measly 7 day limit GB Liners had given for me to make a claim. As a result, they refused to honour my claim or even treat my complaint with even the faintest hint of regret.

In summary, I paid premium prices to have a bunch of items taken from me, a bunch of others broken beyond repair, and to be treated with disregard and disrespect by the people I entrusted to take care of them. Either the company has changed since 2017, or there are massive differences in how it is operated between regional offices.