WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. RUN BY CRIMINALS.

Guest's review of Black and Yellow Moves - www.blackandyellowmoves.co.uk

“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. RUN BY CRIMINALS. ”

Written on: 08/03/2020

I could not be more disappointed with this company and their service. It appears to be run by a bunch of non professional thugs who care least about customer service and more about cutting corners and squeezing every penny out of the job.

Don’t be kites by the competitive cost quoted, they will try to squeeze more and make up for it. The service is abhorrent and not what you need to appease your mind at a stressful relocation period.

I used this company twice. First time, I had Team wolverine come in and they were outstanding. Did an impeccable job at packing quickly, efficiently and professionally. Competed the entire job without asking for help (even though my wife and I volunteered many times) and we were so pleased with the outcome. Price was competitive and we tipped the team richly as a thank you.

Less than a year on, we needed to move again as we bought as house and so asked for the exact same service and team. We had the same amount of personal items to move so our requirements were identical. To our surprise, even though we had an online survey and a confirmation by email and phone, they sent a different team on the day with a smaller van.

The team was nowhere as professional as the first one. They dragged their feet, kept on taking breaks, the team leader was constantly on the phone working with one hand only. we got them lunch and coffees and they instead disappeared for a good 45 minutes after having already taken a 1 hour break by mid morning. By mid day (4 hours into the job), they hadn’t finished packing one room. Working at a fraction of the speed of the first team. We complained and told them they needed to hurry up and take less breaks. They started playing difficult, being even slower and disappearing for longer periods. By 2pm no progress was made. My wife and I were packing alongside everyone and taking boxes out to the van. It became clear there was a storage space issue with the smaller van. When I asked about it, they denied that it would be even though it was clear the space would be insufficient.

We fell into an argument as our stress levels were too high by then and I admit I lost my temper and raised my voice to spring the insolent team leader into action. A few minutes I got a call from head office who Instead of apologising on behalf of the team just made the situation worse: instead of calming it down and admitting to the team being behind schedule and the van being too small, the boss I was talking so starting threatening of reporting me to the policy for verbal and physical abuse and to tell his team to walk off on the job.Which is exactly what happened moments later. I saw the team had stopped working and they were about to start unloading our personal items out of the van and in the rain to abandon the job!!!

I couldn’t believe what was going on and with a kid and wife and half our items packed and the other waiting to be, i swallowed my pride and tried to resolve the situation by resetting the dialogue with the team. While they were totally unprofessional and had been taking the Mickey, I found myself apologising for losing my temper only so they could start working again. There was no way I could find someone else to come in on such short notice and they knew they had an edge over me.

Worse yet, they started demanding for more money to avoid going to the police and for the extra work that they had to do to and finally admitted the van was too small (how convenient to do so now!!).

They asked for an extra £250! I agreed to pay an extra £50 at the end just to finish with these jokers. After all they had all my personal and Lifelong belongings in their hands.

I ADVISE AGAINST USING THIS COMPANY. BETTER GO TO A MORE REPUTABLE AND PROFESSIONAL FIRM.