Don't use Armishaws

McDaniel484's review of Armishaws Removals and Storage www.armishaws.com

“Don't use Armishaws”

Written on: 09/03/2022 by McDaniel484 (1 review written)

Look elsewhere - this company will let you down, damage your possessions and overcharge you. If you want to know more read this:

We booked Overs of Camberley (owned by Armishaws) to move out into storage and move from storage into our new home. What an absolute disaster of service and company! So many things went wrong. We are out of pocket too.

What started in good faith ended with a nasty, bitter taste and the realisation the Armishaws are a 'take what you can' type company without any care or consideration for their customers. Here are the key issues we faced:

The price quoted originally was wrong; they added 25% onto the storage fee, but only once they had our items locked into their storage unit. So we had to pay for an additional 325 cubic feet of storage. The quote was done by someone visiting our house; they refused any liability and forced us to pay.

We booked our move out of the store, and they couldn't do it for a few weeks after we needed it; we had to pay for more time storage that we didn't need.

We stayed in storage for four months (Jan 21-April 21), and when we booked to move, they increased the onward move price by 42% from the original quote and would not entertain my arranging another removal firm due to COVID restrictions at their warehouse. Again we had to pay over the odds.

Our belongings arrived in April. We noticed the damage when the first item was unloaded, not just scratches but significant damage. Smashed wardrobes, sofas damaged, classic furniture ruined, our children's bed snapped. They even lost the bolts of our son's bed! The list goes on, but the damage totalled £8,000 to replace it all.

Armishaws refused to deal with me; they put me in touch with the 'Removal Claims Service', whose sole job was to reduce the claim. They offered us £1,500

We got nothing back for service; their strategy of 'ignore the customer' worked - I just got tired.

The end result, we have a £8,000 claim on our home insurance.

The moral of the story? DON'T USE THEM!

Please, I really really mean it you can and will find better. I don't wish the emotional hardship we have been through on anyone. Some of our best furniture had to go in the skip, it's really quite sad.