Very Misleading

Catlover25's review of Katie Bard www.katiebard.co.uk

“Very Misleading”

Written on: 09/05/2020 by Catlover25 (1 review written)

Having recently finished university, I spotted that Katie Bard were recruiting for a graduate recruitment consultant position, which I clicked on and applied for. I got a phonecall the same evening, asking if I'd like to come in. The guy who rang me said that 'we'd look through my cv' when I arrived which I thought was a bit strange but nonetheless, he'd made it sound like an interview. I'd done some research and some interview prep and was ready to go.

However, when I arrived, I was confused when I was told I needed to register and then somebody would be in for a chat. The guy who I met was lovely but it was a massive waste of time. It wasn't an interview at all and instead we spent around 1hr basically going through my education. I then enquired about the position advertised and said that was what I had applied for but all I got was that I'd be sent the details if I was interested. I haven't heard a single thing for them since even though I said I'd be interested in other jobs.

It is very misleading. Make sure if you apply for the grad role and get a phonecall that you are going for a job interview and its not them just getting you to register. I'd booked a whole day off work to go into Birmingham for what I thought was an interview and it was nothing of the sort, and to be honest it was really unhelpful and a massive waste of time.