Incompetence from the start & change rates

DaltonStout's review of Hays www.hays.com

“Incompetence from the start and change rates”

Written on: 06/08/2021 by DaltonStout (1 review written)

I had a nightmare experience with Hays Recruitment, Birmingham. The initial recruitment process seemed very good and consultant seemed helpful and engaged. We agreed before interview on the rate advertised. After I got offered the role the rates in the ad were no longer correct and were a mistake. Ha! That old chestnut. Sorry I was using the wrong framework. Ha! That old chestnut. I am not born yesterday I knew what she was doing. However we agreed to meet in the middle after I wanted to decline role. The onboarding was a nightmare - incompetent and surely to god they are used to contractors who have gaps in their CV. I spoke to a senior manager from the client organisation who confirmed the rates in the ad would have been confirmed by HR.
When I was obviously worried about problems with their timesheet system she just laughed and thought it was funny.
The whole process was so stressful I felt depressed and not great when starting a new role. Consequences were that the onboarding took so long that I had very little time to get myself familiar with the new organisation before I had to launch a major scheme. I do believe my experience with Hays triggered a bout of depression and inevitably caused me to leave my a fairly well paid role due incompetence. PLEASE REPORT YOUR CONCERNS TO AGENCY INSPECTORATE ON GOV.UK