The best amplifier ever made?

• Sound Quality

Punk_Floyd's review of Sony STR-DB930

“The best amplifier ever made?”

Written on: 28/10/2021 by Punk_Floyd (1 review written)

When I first bought this in 1996! I never would have imagined that I would be writing a review in 2021.

The unit is still in perfect condition, nothing has ever gone wrong with it and it still outplays everything else I have thrown at it.

Some years ago I gave it away as a thanks for helping me move. I missed it badly, so I recently contacted my buddy and asked if I could have it back. :P
The downside today is that it has no HDMI, but also for that reason it now has a place in my HiFi setup, not the usual TV room. And here it shines! If Sony (or anyone else) could produce a product of this quality (under €3000) they would have a giant hit!

The looks are still modern and fresh this many years later (I have in black, I believe they also came in champagne)

Champagne is what this totally awesome amplifier compares to. State of the art!
I love my Sony! <3

• Over 1 Year

Time Receiver Owned

• Sound Quality

Ardbrands's Response to Punk_Floyd's Review

Written on: 01/02/2022

Totally agree!!! Got mine from British heart foundation at a very good price, I’ve used loads of straight amps ranging from denon and Marantz so for an AV amp I wasn’t expecting much but keep being blown away by the straight stereo sound! I have some monitor audio speakers hooked up to it, I let my ears do the judging and not most salesmen who swear system matching and straight amps are key which is very true but this little gem is an exception!