ROKU STREAMING STICK PLUS! DAMAGED MY TV & NO SERVICE!

• Sound Quality

wheeldoctor's review of Roku Streaming Stick

“ROKU STREAMING STICK PLUS! DAMAGED MY TV and NO SERVICE!”

Written on: 21/11/2020 by wheeldoctor (1 review written)

I AM POSTING THIS REVIEW TO TELL THE WORLD TO BEWARE WHEN YOU INSTALL A ROKU STREAMING STICK PLUS!! My install was going fine until I got to the screen where you chose pixel quality. I Believe I chose 1080I. When advanced to the next screen, the screen turned green and flashed a message for a second saying "your TV has been compromised...you have to finish......"and then the screen went totally black for a bit and bounced me out of the setup mode altogether. I shut the TV off, and tried to start install over but when I turned the TV on, it flashes a picture of the show that on for a second, and then the screen goes black again. The sound stays on but no picture shows. I tried this multiple times and even factory reset the TV and it didn't help. I report to ROKU and they have not responded and it is approaching 3 weeks. This is the last thing I wanted to do was broadcast my frustration, but what else can you do except WARN everyone that this is what might happen tp your TV. BEWARE OF INSTALLING THE ROKU STREAKING STICK PLUS! It DAMAGED MY TV THAT WAS ONLY 5 YEARS OLD. IT is followed by ABSOLUTELY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! PITIFUL! I recommend you DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU VALUE YOUR TV!!! Please tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW who's looking to buy this product to beware!! or don't buy it at all!!!

Have a great day!