Poor Changes, Bad Decision

Guest's review of Marks & Spencer Dine in for 2

“Poor Changes, Bad Decision”

Written on: 10/10/2018

M&S used to offer wonderful choices at a reasonable £10. A few months ago, they changed it to £12, removed some choices, added others and attempted to justify it by stating Prosecco is now an option. They would have been well-advised to keep it all exactly the same but increase the cost by a pound. The new choices are extremely disappointing. We tried the chicken, apple and bacon kebabs and they were so small they could have easily been a meal for one although advertised for two. We also tried the pork belly because my partner likes this on occasion; it was tasteless and I literally poured (yes, POURED) the extreme amount of fat from it which made the end result quite dry and almost inedible. We used to purchase the £10 deal every two weeks as it was available and looked forward to having the choices in the freezer for those no-cooking nights. We no longer bother. I had a conversation with an elderly woman at our local Marks during a £10 deal a year ago. She purchased two of these per week and told me that was all she required to have quality items available when she no longer cooks from scratch. I think of her now and wonder how the changes have affected her ability to enjoy quality meals at home at a reasonable price. All in all, I think Marks made a very big mistake by introducing these changes. I would have preferred to pay a little extra and have it all remain as it was than to try the inadequate and disappointing fare now on offer.