Maclaren Techno XLR

Guest's review of Maclaren Buggy - General

“Maclaren Techno XLR ”

Written on: 21/06/2012

Maclaren Techno XLR Buggy

I bought this pram last month based on the sales rep showing me the built in Sun Canopy. The buggy has a hood with a viewing window but the hood also unzips to double up a sun canopy.

However even though in Ireland our weather is unpredictable we have had a few sunny days. I have unzipped the hood but rather than block the sun the plastic viewing window is magnifying the sun on my baby eyes and I have to put a blanket over the hood to protect my baby.

McClaren should have included a material flap that could be opened and closed over this window.I emailed them my problem and solution but they don’t acknowledge it as a problem and think they know better than real live mothers. I know by looking at my baby in the pram and discomfort in his face and his eyes squinting that the canopy is not protecting my baby and no company hype can tell me otherwise. I have also now seen other reviews which also say the sun canopy is not good.

The pram is very expensive and meant to be top of the range but I have to resort to putting a blanket over the extended hood to protect my baby and also hope the wind does not blow it away

To protect other babies do not buy this pram as McClaren do not respect mother and babies.

Concerned Parent