DO NOT BOOK THIS VILLA ON HOMEAWAY IN ORLANDO:

LScott123's review of HomeAway - www.homeaway.co.uk

“DO NOT BOOK THIS VILLA ON HOMEAWAY IN ORLANDO:”

Written on: 30/09/2020 by LScott123 (1 review written)

DO NOT BOOK THIS VILLA- ORLANDO:

#4257329

I would like to make other travellers aware of the very strict cancellation policy of this property owner. During the COVID-19 epidemic, we were naturally forced to cancel our Florida holiday in Easter 2020. The property owner refused to reimburse us any of the money apart from the damage deposit of $750, which left us $2574.40 out of pocket. I assume we would have been receiving this damage deposit after our stay regardless. The property owner even kept the money for heating the pool. Ridiculous! HomeAway urged all their property owners to reimburse their customers as this was unforeseen circumstances, however, HomeAway cannot force the homeowners to reimburse any money. I have spoken to five different people at HomeAway who have all tried to contact the property owner regarding our refund but the property owner has not replied to any of their emails or phone calls. The property owner was informed that our travel insurance was not covering our expenses but she showed no sympathy to our predicament. I would not recommend this property owner to any travellers as I don’t want anybody to find themselves in the same situation as it has been very time-consuming and stressful. Do not book this villa!!