DISGUSTING PRACTICES - PREY ON THE VULNERABLE.

Skye79's review of Simarc Property Management Limited - www.simarc.co.uk

“DISGUSTING PRACTICES - PREY ON THE VULNERABLE.”

Written on: 12/02/2014 by Skye79 (1 review written)

Awful experience. I'm selling my flat and Simarc waited until the last minute before telling my solicitor they need £252 from me to issue them with ground rent information which the buyers solicitor has requested. At this point, I am obviously very keen for the sale to be finalised so feel I have no choice but to pay. I ring them up and am advised that they will not issue the requested information to my solicitor for 10 working days from when they receive payment. Not UP TO 10 working days, but exactly 10 working days from once the payment is received. BUT...you probably can guess whats coming...I can expedite the process by paying an additional £84. Unbelievable. Complete rip off as they know how stressful and lengthy a property sale/purchase is and they prey on people's vulnerability at such a stressful time. I have now paid this after being advised by a snooty teenager on the phone that it will reduce the time to process the request from 10 working days to 24/48 hours as I am in a position where if the sale were to fall through (perhaps because the buyer is fed up with the delays?) i would be in an awful predicament. If I knew where to start and if I thought it would make a difference, I would take legal action against them. AWFUL AWFUL COMPANY.

• Other

Customer

Leia40's Response to Skye79's Review

Written on: 12/08/2014

You can apply to tribunal, outlining your case for them to determine if the fees are reasonable. Look at leaseadvice.

This site provides you with examples of tribunal cases, advice and you can contact them for advice about your situation. They rely on people doing nothing and even though you paid, it was under duress, they can be ordered to replay.I am stunned that this industry's practices are not regulated and I have contacted my MP to support regulation.