Not even worth 1 star

Guest's review of Simarc Property Management Limited - www.simarc.co.uk

“Not even worth 1 star”

Written on: 24/01/2014

Simarc stopped writing to me for ground rent back in 2011, then suddenly in October 2013 I got a letter saying I owed £24 in ground rent and £40 in charges! I refused to pay all the charges and sent a cheque for £24. They returned my cheque and are now trying to charge me £156 in charges. Every time I get any correspondence from them the about I owe and the charges that are charging me are changing in value. They have wrote to my mortgage company to try to repossess my house! I have pointed out to them that they don't have a leg to stand on with both the fees and the fact that they didn't write to me to collect my rent but they are refusing to budge! Unlucky for them my uncle is a solicitor who is willing to act for me also should have a resolution soon but being 5 months pregnant it's that last thing I need to have happening right now. They cannot get away with this just as the backs couldn't but we all need to get together and shout about thus so that the government listen to us and put a stop to them hurting people in this way!

• Other

Customer

Dingding1's Comment

Written on: 29/01/2014

Good luck. Fight their bullying and blackmailing with continuous correspondence and with (valid) challenges to their demands which are often speculative at best.

Johnrowe's Comment

Written on: 05/02/2014

look carefully at the terms of your lease - if you own a leasehold house it is extremely unlikely Simarc have any right to charge anything other than the bare amount of the rent. Invite them to sue - they won't. If they succeed in having your mortgage company pay anything more than the rent and add it to your mortgage account complain to the financial ombudsman.

Rachel89's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2014

I had an extortionate amount of money added onto my mortgage account which was £700 in excess of what I actually owed them. I was wondering whether the mortgage company are actually allowed to pay this over so I may now complain to the financial ombudsman about this.