Arrogant, dishonest company

Guest's review of Simarc Property Management Limited - www.simarc.co.uk

“Arrogant, dishonest company”

Written on: 09/01/2014

Simarc received £216 for my husband and I to enter into a deed of covenant with the landlord when I bought a flat in Southampton. The deed was written by my solicitor - Simarc received the money in order to 'lodge the deed with the freeholder', i.e. to send a 2 sided document to the freeholder. According to their own telephone assistant, they did nothing else for this money. They now want £120 to issue a 'Certificate of Compliance' which shows that I've entered into the covenant with the landlord. Presumably, this means nothing more than putting our names onto a standard form document. This company is disgraceful - my solicitor queried these charges, said they were unreasonable and got nowhere. When I phoned to ask them to justify these costs, they said they did not need to justify their charges. They disregarded their legal obligation to show that these admin costs are reasonable. I now plan to complain to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal. I am very happy to hear from anyone else who wants to join me in this. Something must be done about companies that extort money from leaseholders.

• Other

Customer

Khodgson152's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2014

We are having serious issues with this company and their horrendous charges. We have also asked them to justify the large fees and they just ignore our question outright. They are a disgrace, we are contacting the Leasehold Valuation Company too and are attaching all of our correspondence with them. Really hoping for a reasonable response. Good luck!

Dingding1's Comment

Written on: 25/03/2014

Would like to hear an update when you have one.